THE PODCAST PROJECT
The inspired legacies podcast project is a project of empowerment, collaboration and support for past, present and future inheritors and people with earned wealth. Navigating the waters of complexity and possibilities of wealth is often extremely challenging.
There are so many critical choices and lessons to learn or consider, while experiencing the powerful emotions of isolation, loss, fear, anger, jealousy, excitement, freedom and joy, as never before. However, many find these chapters of their lives to be full of great learning and opportunity for growth and change. We are here to facilitate the sharing of this wisdom, positivity and empowerment. It is quite a package in the gift, AND complex at times to juggle.
We are delighted to present 48 podcasts in which we interview inheritors, wealth creators and trusted advisors throughout the United States. We have listed below, some of the topics we will record and make available in 2015-2018.
Thanks so much to our first interviewees!
Thank YOU so much for your support and patience as we create the inheritance/wealth education, empowerment and preparation platform we've always wanted for ourselves and for others.
I. BEGINNING THE INHERITOR JOURNEY
· SO YOU HAVE JUST INHERITED – CONGRATULATIONS! NOW WHAT?
· HOW WILL SUDDEN WEALTH AFFECT ME AND KEY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE?
· IDENTITY AND SELF ESTEEM: WHO ARE YOU NOW? AND WHAT’S UP?
· INHERITING IN YOUR 20's, 30's or 40's
· INHERITING OR A WINDFALL IN YOUR 50's or 60's
· WEALTH FINANCIAL EDUCATION AND INHERITOR BASICS FOR CHILDREN
· WISDOM ABOUT INHERITING: FACTS & FIGURES
· TEN MOST COMMON THINGS INHERITORS WISH THEY KNEW BEFORE INHERITING
· TEN MOST COMMON CONVERSATIONS INHERITORS WISH THEY HAD BEFORE INHERITING
· FAMILY MEETINGS: WHAT IS YOUR ROLE IN FAMILY WEALTH
· HOW WILL YOU ORGANIZE OR PARTICIPATE IN FAMILY MEETINGS?
II. GETTING ORGANIZED
· AFTER THE INHERITANCE: GETTING CLARITY AND GETTING ORGANIZED
· THE ROLES OF FINANCIAL, PHILANTHROPIC AND OTHER KEY ADVISORS TO FAMILIES OF WEALTH
· HOW DO YOUR ADVISORS INTERACT WITH YOUR PARENT’S ADVISORS? WITH TRUSTEES?
· CHOOSING AND MANAGING YOUR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS
· YOUR FIRST MEETING WITH AN ADVISOR
· WILL YOUR MONEY LAST?
· LIVING WITHIN A BUDGET
III. MONEY AND RELATIONSHIPS
· MONEY AND FAMILY
· MONEY AND FRIENDS
· CELEBRATING PROGRESS AND PASSAGES TOGETHER
· SIBLINGS: MANAGING TRANSITIONS WITH RESPECT
· COUPLES: MANAGING DIFFERENCES AND FAMILY ISSUES WITH RESPECT
· PARENTS AND CHOOSING FIDUCIARIES/TRUST VS. TRUSTS
· SPEAKING ABOUT THE INEVITABLE: DEATH AND THE NEXT CHAPTER
· PASSING LESSONS LEARNED TO THE NEXT GENERATION
· DIVORCE AND MONEY
· MARRIAGE AND MONEY: PRENUPTIAL DIALOGUES AND AGREEMENTS
· PLANNING FOR DEATH OR ILLNESS AND YOUR LIVING LEGACY WITH YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS
· LOANING MONEY: HOW TO DO IT WELL OR HOW TO CHOOSE NOT TO
IV. MANAGING WEALTH
· LEARNING THE BASICS, FINANCE 101 AND 201
· MAKING MONEY AND FEELING SELF-SUFFICIENT
· GETTING CLEAR ON VALUES AND GOALS AND ALIGNING THEM IN INVESTING AND GIVING
· NEGOTIATING FEES, WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND BANKING RELATIONSHIPS
· PLANNING BASICS, ADVISOR EXCELLENCE AND MARKET DYNAMICS
· FROM PERSONAL ASSISTANTS TO WEALTH & PHILANTHROPIC ADVISORS
· MOBILIZING YOUR ASSETS WITH COMMUNITY INVESTING AND SOCIAL IMPACT INVESTING
· TAXES AND MARKETS: WHAT ARE THE BASICS WE NEED TO KNOW
· FACING OUR MORTALITY with wisdom: INSURANCE, WILLS, POWERS OF ATTORNEY, HEALTH CARE POWERS
· THE ENTIRE FAMILY PARTICIPATING IN INVESTMENT AND PHILANTHROPIC PLANNING
· HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH? THE BALANCE BETWEEN EARNING AND ENJOYING
AND MANY MORE...
Subscribe Inspired Legacies Podcasts
Please subscribe to our podcast via our CONTACT US page above. Subscribers will receive notices by email as each new podcast is released.
Support Inspired Legacies Podcasts
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and funders! (you can be one too!)
Feel free to chip in..under our "Donate" button above. We will make each podcast accessible for your listening here, as we complete them. If you would like to be a sponsor and have your business or foundation recognized, please click our "Sponsorship" page in the Navigation bar above.
Support via nonprofit
If you need a nonprofit to give through, we are partnering with Unleashing Generosity Fund (Tracy and Louis are part of the team there) and if you designate your support be applied to The Inspired Legacies Podcast Project, we will receive your support to keep moving ahead. (see link below)
Costs are for travel to advisors/conferences to interview inheritors and earned wealth families and advisors across the USA. Click "Triskeles" to donate!
In this short podcast, we (Tracy and Louis) describe our mission and why we're pursuing it via this website, these podcasts and other appropriate technology.
Rod Zeeb is the Co-Founder and CEO of The Heritage Institute, and co-developer of The Heritage Process.TM The Heritage Institute provides training in the discipline of heritage planning, and professional certification in The Heritage Process.TM The Institute also conducts and distributes original research, offers mentoring, coaching and marketing support for professional advisors who wish to provide heritage planning to their constituents, and provides consulting services directly to individuals and families.
As an attorney, Rod’s practice focused on business, financial, estate planning and administration, real estate, and related tax issues. He speaks nationally on issues related to The Heritage Process,TM is the co-author of the book, Beating the Midas Curse, and co-author of the novel, What Matters. Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has called Rod ‘one of the leading players in economic thought in America’ for his original contributions to the field.
Claudia B. Sangster is the Director of Family Education and Governance in Wealth Management at the Northern Trust Company. In this role she designs the firm's advisory capabilities in financial education, family decision-making, and relationships around money and wealth. Claudia collaborates with clients, their advisors and Wealth Planning partners in identifying and establishing appropriate educational programs and governance structures for multi-generational families in order to prepare family members to steward the wealth, to enhance family unity and to help sustain all aspects of the family’s capital-financial, intellectual, human and social. She works with families to create their legacy of wisdom, wealth and giving through multiple generations.
Claudia has over 25 years of experience in advising individuals and families in financial education, family governance and philanthropy. Prior to joining Northern Trust, Claudia was with CTC | myCFO, where she served as the Director of Philanthropy, Estate and Trust Services. She was also instrumental in establishing the Harris myCFO Foundation, and its successor, the BMO Charitable Fund Program, a donor-advised fund sponsored by the National Philanthropic Trust for clients seeking a simple, tax efficient vehicle for their philanthropic giving.
Claudia is a frequent speaker and author on topics including values, finance and family legacy, as well as trends in family education, governance and philanthropy.
Claudia earned a Bachelor’s degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Pepperdine University, and a JD, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Houston, College of Law. She is a current member of the Board of the Associated Women for Pepperdine, as well as a Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Los Angeles Social Venture Partners and the Nicholas Endowment, which enables charitable organizations to build their programs and strengthen their infrastructure to more effectively deliver charitable services.
Specializing in the emotional dynamics facing families-in-business and families of wealth, Dean Fowler, PhD, is an author of several books dealing with family business transitions.
Using Philanthropy as a tool Susan Axelrod helps to create powerful connections, lasting legacies....and life-changing meaning for any who dare to dream of living a more meaningful life and existence.
Myra attended the College for Financial Planning to learn the tools to map out her own financial future. At the time, she had no idea that it would lead to a lifelong career, resulting in the creation of The Wealth Conservancy (TWC) in 1983. Originally, Myra graduated with a BS in Chemical Engineering and worked for major corporations in that field. Unsatisfied with her work, she wanted to create and be a part of something more personally fulfilling. Since shifting her career path over 30 years ago, Myra has been dedicated to helping our clients achieve the same fulfillment, as they find positive and effective ways to meet their goals and ambitions.
Myra is known by clients and colleagues as “the inheritors’ advocate,” and it is clearly apparent how much she loves her job, her clients, and her colleagues. In fact, even after three decades at the helm of TWC, she still thinks with the enthusiasm of a new business owner, seeing a big future of growth and prosperity ahead. Myra has been listed among the nation’s top financial advisors by Worth magazine, and is the author of four books. She’s the “celebrity” of the office, appearing on industry magazine covers, and is also a radio personality with on-air appearances. Myra’s work-related interests include speaking to groups on the topics of building an ideal family office, graciously receiving an inheritance, and on how wealth creators can give their money away in a positive manner. Myra also facilitates workshops for inheritors, coaching them on integrating with their wealth.